Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jury Duty anyone?

So I got this surprised this morning in the mail... A letter from the sheriff's office of Ontario and a questionnaire as to qualifications for jury duty.


My first reaction was Oh! No!...  As if I want to do this.   And what would happen to my homeschool kids if I am selected on a case from Ontario and it takes months to get resolve...  Great!


Then hubby suggested to call HSLDA.  Okay...  So I call.   Right away, the lady on the phone told me she will get someone to call me back and told me that they have a specific form for Ontario homeschoolers to send with this questionnaire that I got.   So now I am waiting for someone to call me back from HSLDA Canada.   I have 5 days to return the questionnaire or it's 5000$ fine.


I have mixed feelings about the whole thing...   I wish I could participate to something like this just for the experience but at the same time I don't want to because of homeschooling.   I don't need the disruptions honestly.  And there is my surgery coming in November - something I waited 3 years to finally arrive...   But ultimately I leave it in the hands of God.   No need to stress about this...  after all it's just a questionnaire that will determine if they would call me or not - not a final decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment