Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Amazing Collection DVDs - Book of Revelation

The Amazing Collection - Revelation
Published at NavPress

What is the Amazing Colllection?
The Amazing Collection is a video Bible study written for women, by women, and taught sequentially book by book. The series is very flexible to use, containing 66 DVDs organized in 11 sets, or three units of 22 books each.Ideal for both the woman who is new to God's Word and the seasoned Bible student, each 45-minute program gives an overview of one book of the Bible. The main characters and theme of that book come alive with dynamic teaching, original music videos, and personal testimonies. Making the collection visually appealing are professional graphics, timelines, maps, drama, music, and animation.

My Thoughts
I was looking forward to see what this video would offer to women. I must say that I am a bit disappointed in the high level information from the video I saw. I guess I was half expecting the product to be as high quality as what Beth Moore gives in her teaching curricula. But this video of Revelation is one among sixty-six other videos that covers the whole Bible. I think my expectations were a little bit high. I’m at a point in my Christian life where I want to have a deeper study in my reading. This video would be perfect for new believers who want to grasp the Bible as a whole.

The information given during the video is quite interesting and opened my eyes on the book of Revelation. In the video, there was also a choir singing and a dramatic reading of the two last chapters of Revelation. The dramatic reading was well done.

I also received the document containing the lessons based on the video. The first section of the document permitted me to fill in the blanks in the text. This section must be done while watching the video. The next section of the document contained a five day study on the book of revelation. Again, you will have to answer some questions based on the reading suggested for each day. At the end of your study, you will also have a review for the book covered.

You can purchase the whole Amazing Collection or specific books of the Bible from the Amazing Collection at NavPress. Here’s the link for the entire Amazing Collection DVD Bible Study.
This review has been possible because I had access to the video online and received a pdf file for the study of the book of Revelation. This opportunity was given to me by NavPress.

No comments:

Post a Comment