Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Molly's Money-Saving Digest - December 2009


Molly’s Money-Saving Digest – December 2009

Published at TOS

The fall season has been though on us. Lack of contract has made us cut our expenses drastically – priority goes to food and other important things like diapers for the little one. We know what is going on and unfortunately it doesn’t affect only us. Being in a city where the government is, you have to expect cuts everywhere and changes in the way to do things. .. So when I got offered to review the newest edition of Molly’s Money-Saving Digest, I jumped on the opportunity because I knew that I needed some ideas for the Christmas seasons since our budget is practically inexistent right now (unless a miracle occurs during November).

So I left my worries to God and pick up the December issue of Molly’s Money-Saving Digest to read comfortably installed in my “antique” rocking chair. I was tremendously blessed by it. I will not experience all the little ideas in there – cause I am definitively not a candy maker for sure… but I came out from my readings with Hope.

First of all, I can always make chocolate is I really wanted to. After all, I do have all the molds that my mom used to make chocolates when I was a teenager. So if I am really debating what to give to others, I will go to the Bulk Barn and buy chocolate to melt and work on special chocolates for my nieces and nephews. I especially enjoyed the Staying Sane During the Holiday Season article which reminded us to pick and choose the events we want to attend. Being in the contracting business with our company, we do get some invitations to go to various parties every year. This will well be extra special since we know two friends who are getting married in December.

In this edition, you will also find recipes as well as ideas for special days during the month of December. For example, I had no clue that December 8th was a National Brownie Day. MmmM! Sounds delicious and good to me…

My favorite article was definitively the Eight Frugal Family Crafts. It gave me special ideas not only for extended family members but for my own family as well. I really love the Movie Night and the Super Sundaes ideas. Very creative and fun to put together… For me, I would love a Book Lovers’ Basket or a Scrapbook Box of Surprises. Anything to brighten my Holidays.

Once again I think that Molly’s Money-Saving Digest for the month of December 2009 is wonderful. Thanks Molly for this full year of your wonderful ideas!

You can get the Molly's Money-Saving Digest of December 2009 at The Old Schoolhouse store!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone seems to be saving this year. So many have been laid off and many nonprofits have cut budgets and programs. Every penny counts.

    ReplyDelete