Monday, August 16, 2010

MySims Agents

SimsAgents MySims Agents
EA Games

About the game

In MySims Agents players take on the role of a special agent on a mission to uncover and foil the sinister plans of Morcubus, the corrupt CEO of MorcuCorp. Players will search for clues and solve cases across the city and far beyond as they piece together his nefarious plans.
Armed with a set of increasingly sophisticated gadgets, players will track footprints, pick locks, hack into computers and do molecular forensics.

They will jump, climb, balance and build their way to follow cases no matter where they lead, even taking a private jet to reach an ancient temple, a spooky mansion and an icy mountaintop chalet. Along the way they meet MySims they can recruit to build up their own team of agents, and unlock rare items they can use to deck out their headquarters.

My Thoughts

From the games I received to review, MySims Agents is definitively my favourite one.  I really didn’t know what to expect from this game.    I am not too fond of The Sims regular games as there are  based mostly on fulfilling dreams and such.    But this game seemed different.  More geared toward kids and mystery surrounding the story.

Imagine my surprise and joy to realize that it had the flair of the old quest games I used to play when I was a teenager….  KingQuest, PoliceQuest and SpaceQuest.    I was please.   No not please.   Very excited actually.    I love this kind of challenge and searching for clues to advance in the game.   My husband couldn’t care less about it.   It is not his kind of thing.    I was in cloud nine and played for a long time with it.  

 imageYou will explore the world starting with the city where your character lives and then go beyond it as you advance.    You will have to solve mysteries to discover various clues along the way.    I found that it requires patience and ability to make the character jump, climb, balance, and so on.    As I write this review, I know where I need to bring my character and how to climb there but somehow my agent keep falling and I need to restart the climb.    Controlling the agent with the Wii remote is quite different than the old quest games where you used the keyboard.  LOL!   I just need practice that’s all.   I’m sure I will be able to go spy on the other character real soon...   *grin* You can also build your own team of agents as you go through the game.    As any situation, sometimes it is better to be a group of people working together to solve a mystery than being a loner.  

I am quite enthusiast about this game.    It brought back memories of the previous games I played on the computer.    And I can see that my kids will love the story as well.    The only part that bugs me is hearing the characters mumbling as they talk.   It drives me nuts – literally.   But it is part of the game and I am learning to tune it out.   

Would I recommend this game?  Yes.   It is fun, mysterious and challenging.      The graphics are very colorful and the various scenes are fun to discover.    This is perfect for everyone in your family.    I wouldn’t have any problem letting my 6 and 9 year olds playing with it.  

Visit the official MySims Agents website at http://mysimsagents.ea.com/index.html.

MySims Agents is available on the Wii or Nintendo DS.

MySims Agents is rated Everyone for comic mischief.

This review was possible because I received a copy of MySims Agents from EA Games.

MySims Agents is available everywhere even at amazon.ca.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment