Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Héro

H_ro_banner

HeroThujaAbout Héro

Once upon a time there was a hero who planted one tree seed...

Thuja (White Cedar): This Héro helps you see the beauty all around you.

Héro is the friend everyone wants to emulate and grow with. This modern toy is for kids 0-99 and comes with its own tree seed. Just wet the handmade seed paper, and plant! Héro is 25 cm (10’’) tall, made with 100% organic cotton and hypoallergenic alpaca felt mask and cape, making this stuffed animal the perfect gift for baby showers, birthdays, and anyone who loves minimalist design.

Other Héro doll includes Pyrus, Acer, Ilex, Myrica, Tilia, Salix, Sorbus, Cedrus.

 My Thoughts

I received this cute little character in the mail just in time before Christmas.    It is different than any other stuff characters and will certainly create imaginative play for my three years old daughter.  She is so much into super-heroes and loves Ashoka (Anakin’s Padawan in Star Wars Clone Wars) that I think she will use this cute little doll for re-creating the Jedi’s fighting.  The fact that this doll is in the favourite color of my daughter is also a major advantage (please note that I never pushed the color pink on her… she is just inclined to this color naturally!).

Honestly I am quite surprised with the quality and the size of the character.   As I write this, it is located between my two arms and stares at me.  *grin*   I like the bright color of its body and the cute little cape and mask that it wears.  

Héro designer Ani Spooner has a passion for minimalist design.  It inspired her to create this modern plushie that speaks to our playful and creative natures.   Each and every single one of them are made with love.   The material used to make them is an organic cotton and hypoallergenic alpaca felt.     Also, each toy comes with a plantable paper label that will grow into a magnificent Colorado blue spruce tree (which I didn’t know!).   I love the idea of getting a tree out of the purchase!  Ani Spooner is also an homeschooler for her children (yes we have this in common!).

This beautiful Héro character is available directly at the website, http://www.growinghero.com/ for the price of 38$, or at Modern Karibou.   It is even available at a store in Ottawa called Chick Pea

Disclaimer: Thanks to Ani Spooner for sending me the featured product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way.  All opinions expressed here are only my own.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review Isabelle! I hope your daughter has many hours of joy playing with Thuja!

    ReplyDelete