Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Deeper Into the Word

ImageDeeper Into the Word: Reflections on 100 Words from the New Testament
Written by Keri Wyatt Kent
Published at Bethany House

About the Book

A Fresh Look at the Words Within the Word

Words matter. God cares about them and so should we. Going a little deeper into the Bible's words can make an old passage new again, enriching your understanding of God's message to his children. Why was this word chosen rather than that one? What does it imply in its original language that you can't see in English? And without knowing Greek, how can you learn to explore the details of God's Word for yourself?

Keri Wyatt Kent provides a fresh encounter with the most important words of the New Testament. Deeper Into the Word can be used as a daily devotional or as an easy-to-use reference tool. Either way, you'll find yourself excited by the wonders of God's amazing Word.

Who is Keri Wyatt Kent?

Keri Wyatt Kent is the author of Breathe and has written for both the Daily Herald (Chicago) and for Willow Creek Community Church. Keri speaks often on spiritual formation. She lives with her husband and two children in Illinois.

My Thoughts

Fabulous book to have in your bookshelf!

The author has taken the time to dig and explain about 100 words that are found numerous times in the New Testament.  She gives the Greek translation as well as explain in comprehensive terms what it really means based on the times of the biblical time of Jesus.

I must say that I have not read all the book yet but I have picked some specific words and read through them.   In the end, I gained a better understand of the words I see, know, read and hear on a daily basis.   

Even my husband flipped through it and said that he wants to read some more from it.   

The whole book is written by alphabetical order which allows the reader to find the information he/she seeks easily.  

I am very impressed by this little book and suggest it to anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of the words found so often in the New Testament.   You might be surprised by gaining also a better understanding of who God is at the same time.

Deeper Into the Word is available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group, even amazon.ca.

Disclaimer: Thanks to of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. for sending me the featured product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way.  All opinions expressed here are only my own.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks so much for the kind review of my book. I would love to include just a sentence or two and a link to your blog in my next email newsletter. Please let me know if that's okay. You can be in touch with me via my website, or Facebook. I hope you enjoy the book. Your readers can visit my blog later this week, I'll be giving away a few copies of the book.
    thanks again,
    Keri

    ReplyDelete