Saturday, December 26, 2015

My spiritual word of the year

Last year as 2015 was slowly coming, I decided to seek God to see which word I could concentrate on for the new year.  My word was REST.

As I discovered Bible Art Journaling, one of the first drawing I made was the word REST.   Today, as I ponder on the word that keeps coming to me in the past week or so which I believe to be my word for 2016, I want to reflect on the past year and how I dealt with the word.

If there is one thing I know for sure after much reflection is that REST wasn't definitively not part of my summer time.   The main reason was that we were driving insanely too much.  Why?   Well, we had parked our RV near Peterborough this year because we had season passes to Canada's Wonderland.  We thought it would be a good idea.  But driving to the RV was about 3 hours and then there was another 1h30minutes to go to Canada's Wonderland.  Both needed to be drove back when we get back to the RV or home.   Added the numbers of times we did this, well.... By the end of the summer I was more drained than at the beginning g of the summer.

So our homeschool journey in September after picking up the boys in a camp in the US was not starting on a good foot.  But with naps,I think I am more rested now than back then.   

What I have learned through all this is that it is essential to make sure you rest in order to be refreshed. 

Okay so my experience probably wasn't super great but I want to seek God once again for a word for 2016.   So I started asking God about new word and one keeps coming daily.... PRAY.

So I am going to concentrate on PRAY for 2016 a reading more about prayers and developing a stronger prayer life in order to deepen my relationship with my Father in Heaven by speaking to him, praising him, thanking him and simply talking to him.  One of the books I will read at the beginning of the year will be the Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer.   



No comments:

Post a Comment