Sunday, April 1, 2001

The Secret holocaust Diaries - The Untold Story of Nonna Bannister

It is time for a FIRST Wild Card Tour book review! If you wish to join the FIRST blog alliance, just click the button. We are a group of reviewers who tour Christian books. A Wild Card post includes a brief bio of the author and a full chapter from each book toured. The reason it is called a FIRST Wild Card Tour is that you never know if the book will be fiction, non~fiction, for young, or for old...or for somewhere in between! Enjoy your free peek into the book!

You never know when I might play a wild card on you!


Today's Wild Card author is:


and the book:

Tyndale House Publishers (March 4, 2010)
***Special thanks to Vicky Lynch of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. for sending me a review copy.***

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:


Nonna Bannister was a young girl when World War II broke into her happy life. She went from an idyllic early-twentieth-century Russian childhood, full of love and comforts, to the life of a prisoner working in labor camps—though she was not a Jew—eventually bereft of her entire family. But she survived the war armed with the faith in God her grandmother taught her and a readiness to start a new life. She immigrated to America, married, and started a family, keeping her past secret from everyone. Though she had carried from Germany the scraps of a diary and various photographs and other memorabilia, she kept it all hidden and would only take it out, years later, to translate and expand her writings. After decades of marriage, Nonna finally shared her secret with her husband . . . and now he is sharing it with the world. Nonna died on August 15, 2004.

Visit the author's website.



Product Details:

List Price: $14.99
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers (March 4, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1414325479
ISBN-13: 978-1414325477

AND NOW...THE FIRST CHAPTER:



My Thoughts
There has been many book written about the horrors of the second world war.   But this is different.   Why?  Well first of all the story of the person in this book is from a survivor of the holocaust.   This young woman has lost everyone she loved but somehow she survived.   She was also able to hide and keep some pictures from her life before the war and her journal that she continued to write whilein captivity with the Germans.  

This biography will give you some perspective on the life before the war and life during the war.   It is well written and organized with pictures showing you the life before the war and the arrival of Nonna in America.   After she arrived in America, she hid her story and didn't reveal it to her husband until way later in life.

You will grow to love this young lady as she goes through a difficult period in her life.   You will also discover copies of her documents through the years as well as genealogy. She also took the time to write a chronology of the events that happened and that she witnessed.   The book also contains a glossary of names and places mentioned throughout the reading. Finally, Nonna also included a little information about herself  and the things she loves.  It will help you discover a little bit more about this wonderful lady who passed away in 2004.

This book is moving and will bring your to tears at some point.  But I think it is a nice addition to your own library because I find it important to  know the story of people who lived the war and survived it.    It is important I find that this is not repeated in the future.

The Secret Holocaust Diaries: The Untold Story of Nonna Bannister is available everywhere even at amazon.ca and indigo.ca.

9 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?

    I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really
    like to have you share some stories/information. I
    know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.


    Look into my weblog: more tips here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both equally
    educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail
    on the head. The issue is something which too few men and women are speaking intelligently
    about. I am very happy I came across this during my search for something relating
    to this.

    Also visit my blog post; Spartanburg natural birth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I am going through a few of these issues
    as well..

    my site ... construction bid bonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, I discovered your web site by way of Google whilst searching for a related topic, your site came
    up, it appears good. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.


    Hi there, simply became aware of your blog via Google, and located that it's truly informative.

    I am going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful if you proceed this in future.
    Lots of other folks will likely be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    my blog - digital marketing atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really interesting, You're an overly professional blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to searching for more of your great post.
    Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; find out this here

    ReplyDelete
  6. If some one wants expert view about blogging then i recommend him/her to go to see this web site, Keep up the fastidious work.


    my page - Greenville natural birth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of writing
    posted at this site is in fact good.

    My web site - Weight Loss Mesa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform you're
    working with? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a
    hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.

    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different
    then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    my blog post driveway repair allentown pa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Finally something about Zamurai PBN Blueprint Review.


    Also visit my web-site Zamurai PBN Blueprint pdf

    ReplyDelete