Thursday, May 4, 2017

Sony MDRXB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones

Recently, I have received new headphone to test – the MDRXB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless by Sony.   image

These headphones provide high quality sound when listening to music or a television show on Netflix.  The extra bass will enhance all the low-end frequencies for deep power on every track.

Let me list for you the things that I really like about these headphones. 

  • The battery life will last you for 18 hours which is very nice.  Charging it is quick too though it will take about 4 hours or so to do it.  
  • The headphones possess a special button at the bottom of one side for the extra bass.  Having the ability to put the extra bass or remove it depending on how you feel is a nice touch.  Personally, I am not seeing the difference but my two teenagers told me without a doubt that the bass was more predominant when the button is pressed. Mind you I know that I have issues with low frequencies sound so that might explain why I cannot make a difference.
  • These headphones are wireless and gives you freedom to move around without having to carry your device with you.  
  • The hand-free calling and the voice assist function permit you to answer phone calls or to use Siri without taking your device our of your pocket or purse.
  • The extra cable which allow you to use the headphone wired instead of wireless.   Great option for people who prefer to have it wired.
  • Very visual instructions that are easy to understand.  
  • The ability of controlling the sound level on the headphones.

image

The major disappointment for me came when I started wearing these for an hour or so.   The earpad is very soft but I find the circumference a bit smaller than the other Sony headset that I have.   Consequently, when a woman who wear earrings that have butterflies in the back after a little while the back of the earrings will press in the back of your ear and cause a bit of pain because the sharp part of the earring is sticky out.   If the circumference would have been slightly bigger this wouldn’t be a problem.  

Another thing that could be annoying for some people is the fact that the headphone will tell you when it is on and when it is connected.  Personally I didn’t mind it but one of my teenagers said that it was annoying to hear it every time you press on the start button and it connects to the device. 

This model comes in three color – Black, Red or Blue – what ever the style you have.   I have received the black one but there is a touch of red on it which I really like.

These headphones are particularly made for the following devices: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPod Touch (6th generation).  However, I have an iPad mini 2 and it worked fine with it as well.   Something that I find funny is that the app Headphones Connect is listed for iOS and Android.   So I suspect that the headphones could be used for other types of devices.  Also note that I didn’t have to download the app to be able to connect the headphones to my device.  

In all, these headphones are fabulous and can make a great gift for a teenager who enjoy more bass in music.   When you purchase Sony, you can be certain that there will be quality in the product.   There is only slight disappointment for me when it comes to wearing earrings and have these headphones on.   I suppose that will time maybe you won’t feel the back of the earrings anymore and some people are less sensitive than others.   These headphones are definitively great if you are looking at getting some wireless ones.   You won’t be disappointed.

The Sony MDRXB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones are available for purchase at your favorite store, even on amazon.ca and amazon.com.

 

 

 

Disclaimer: This product has been provided courtesy of Amazon.ca Vine Voices for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by Amazon.ca or the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment