Friday, September 20, 2013

The Jim Rubart Trilogy : Rooms, Book of Days, and The Chair

imageThis summer, I decided to try reading a new author – well new to me anyway.  Jim Rubart was my choice partly because I was able to get the first book Rooms for free at some point in time on amazon.com.   Well I truly enjoyed it and read the whole book in a record time.  From there, I purchased Book of Days and another of his titles that was newer – Soul’s Gate.

I knew that I need to finish the trilogy with The Chair which I have not purchased yet but guess what!   The trilogy of Rooms, Book of Days and The Chair is currently on sale for the Kindle (and Kindle app for that matter) for the price of 3.49 $ (compared to 39.99 $!).

Here’s a little tidbit on each books:

Rooms, a profound spiritual tale spun with imaginative flair, transports you to rainy Seattle where software tycoon Micah Taylor receives a cryptic note telling of a beachfront home he inherited from an uncle he hasn’t seen in twenty-five years. Micah soon discovers there is more to this home than what is on the surface—it is in fact a physical manifestation of his soul, which God uses to heal Micah’s darkest wounds and lead him into an astonishing new destiny.

Book of Days, a fast-paced and thought provoking allegory (and “a great read, why people buy books” according to award-winning author Dan Walsh), explores the power of memories and the lengths some will go to just to keep them alive. Cameron, struggling to remember his wife who was killed two years earlier in an accident, seeks an ancient book to save his mind. But others want to claim it for more nefarious purposes.

The Chair, a dynamic fast paced thriller, tells the story of a chair claimed to have been made by Jesus Christ himself. Antique dealer Corin Roscoe, who skeptically bought the chair from an elderly lady, is forced to reconsider its authenticity after a young boy is miraculously healed after sitting in it. Word quickly spreads of the chair’s power, and Corin’s life begins to shatter as he searches for the truth about the artifact and the unexplained phenomena surrounding it. And he's not the only one willing do almost anything to possess the power seemingly connected to the chair.

 

To be honest, I don’t think it’s a deal you should pass…. They are amazing books that will keep you on the edge.   I wish that The Chair would be on sale too!  *grin*

I highly encourage you to purchase this amazing deal and read the book.  You might discover a new author and enjoy it as much as I had…

No comments:

Post a Comment