Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Dream To Call Her Own - Brides of Gallatin County Book Three

A Dream To Call My Own – Brides of Gallatin County Three
By Tracie Peterson
Published at Bethany House
About the Book
Lacy Gallatin, the youngest of the Gallatin sisters, is a woman with a mission: to find her father's killer. Haunted by the belief that she's failed him, Lacy is also battling a desire to have something more than just revenge, something she can't quite figure out.

Enter Dave Shepard, deputy sheriff for the area. Dave has been fervently trying to find the man who killed George Gallatin, but he always feels inadequate when it comes to the beautiful Lacy. When they are together, the tension crackles between them--both when they argue and when they kiss. Lacy finds him frustratingly irresistible, but is it truly love?

Who is Tracie Peterson?
Tracie Peterson is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than 70 novels. She teaches writing workshops at a variety of conferences on subjects such as inspirational romance and historical research. Tracie and her family live in Belgrade, Montana. Visit http://www.traciepeterson.com/.

My Thoughts
This is the last installment of the Brides of Gallatin County and when I saw this title among other ones that needed some review, I just had to get my hands on it since I have reviewed books one and two previously. * grin* Besides, I wanted to know more about the characters especially Lacy since this book revolve around her and Dave Sheppard.

I really enjoyed reconnecting with the characters of this series. It was nice to read more about Gwen and Beth, their families and friends. I was curious if and when Lacy will see that Dave is the man for her and how the story will continue. I wasn’t disappointed.

First, Lacy is still searching for the person who killed her dad. And after various events in the Gallatin house, you come at peace concerning this subject. More events will keep on the edge and you will read this book in a flash. It was difficult at times to put the book down to tend to other duties. I really appreciate that when an author makes sure that there is enough “meat around the bone” when they are writing a book. And it’s even better when the meat is realistic – if you know what I mean!

The author even took the time to write an epilogue in the book. This epilogue happens 5 years after the happy ending on the book. I was happy to have tidbits of news from the three sisters and their neighbors and friends. It was nice to see that their life wasn’t plagues with negative people around them anymore as well as peace finally. I had a smile on my face when I read the sisters commenting on the telephone being available in every house someday – if only they knew that this was just the grand-father of the cell phones… LOL! Would they be able to imagine people carrying their phone one them? I doubt it…

A Dream To Call My Own is a wonderful read while you are on vacation. I read it during our own vacation and I found the book refreshing. I was able to escape in a different world every time I was able to pick it up to pursue my reading.

The conclusion of the Brides of Gallatin County series is available everywhere even at amazon.ca and indigo.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment