Thursday, September 1, 2016

Amazon Canada Vine Voices and a blogger’s journey

Yesterday I received an email from amazon.ca and trust me it caught me by complete surprise.

First of all let me tell you a bit more about my journey as a blogger.  It all started when my oldest son was still in Kindergarten.  That year he was going to school and we slowly explored the possibilities of homeschooling him the following year.  We were giving ourselves until after the homeschool conference in town before making a final decision but several things happened that made us decide before the conference.   When we attended the conference we decided to purchase the math curriculum we desired to use.   Our son continued the remaining couple of months at school.  There are times I wish I had simply removed him from the classroom then but since the school year was almost finished we let him complete the year.   However, in the mean time he also jumped into the math curriculum we had purchased (which was the Kindergarten and grade 1 levels).   He completed the Kindergarten level quite rapidly.  He was excited about it.  

However, I was wondering what other curriculum we would use.   I had a friend in the US who encouraged me to blog and be part of a new blogging group who would review homeschool curriculum for a homeschool magazine.  I applied and was accepted.   I was part of this group for three years but I started to feel a bit discouraged about the fact that Canadian homeschoolers would not get the cool products available out these because of shipping fees.    So as I was completing my third year of blogging with this viral blogging group, I started to stretch my own wings and approached various Christian publishers in order to review books.   And because of my experience, I was able to review numerous books.   Then it dawned on me. What if I could approach other kind of companies and offer to blog about their products?  Would it be possible?

And so started my journey in the blogosphere as I call it.  I have been blessed beyond my own imagination with products that are helpful for us at home, at the RV, for leisure or for homeschool.   And each time I have the possibility, I also review the products on third party websites.

I had heard about the Vine Voices program on Amazon.com but I also knew that it was only for people living in the US.   Imagine my surprise when I received an invite to be part of the brand new launch of the Amazon.ca Vine Voices program yesterday.   I just couldn’t believe my own eyes.

vine-logo_60._CB291848793_What is Amazon Vine?

Amazon Vince is a program by invitation only where the most trusted reviewers on Amazon post opinions about new and pre-release items to help customers make an informed purchase decision.   The invitation is based on the reviewer rank, which is a reflection of the quality and helpfulness of their reviews as judged by other Amazon customers.   

So  guess my truthfulness and my dedication in posting my reviews have been fruitful as I am not part of the Vine Voices program.

So as I am waiting for two products to arrive in order for me to review, I am in awe of how blessed I am to be able to provide my thoughts on Amazon.ca.  

And I am quite excited about this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment