My Week Wipe-Off Calendar for Young Children
I was approached a while back to review a calendar for young children. This fun magnetic calendar is very colorful and will introduce your children to the days of the week, the seasons, the weather, the routines and the special events. The surface can be wiped-off in order to rearrange the calendar from week to week.
The magnets will highlights activities done by kids on a weekly basis: School (x5), playgroup (2x), dress up, cook, games, computer, television, music, art, dance, gymnastics, swim, sports, library, play date, visit, outdoor play, snow play, walk, tidy up, shopping, doctor, dentist, haircut, babysitter, birthday, special event, eat out, vacation, synagogue, church, Christmas, Chanukah, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day as well as two blank ones. You will also explore the concept of Today, Tomorrow and Yesterday as well as the four seasons and their respective months.
This calendar is perfect for introducing your child ages 3 and up to a schedule and things that he/she will have to do daily.
Since my own youngest child – my daughter Jasmine – is a bit too old to use this item, I gave the calendar to a friend of mine who has a five year old son. She used it with her son, Noah, and told me the following comments.
- It is very handy that it is a magnet. It was great not to have to put holes in the wall or use tape that could wreck the paint.
- I also like the size. I have used calendars that have taken up too much room on the fridge or wall, but this is just the right size.
- I like that it is dry erase so that if they do not have a particular item in the given magnets, you can add your own. That being said, they had a wonderful variety/range of different activities to choose from in planning the week.
- I also like that there is so much information/learning available in such a small space - not only does it have the weekly planner, it has a weather section and teaches what day is 'today,' 'tomorrow.' and 'yesterday.'
- It is also nice that it has bright colors.
- The only 'complaint' I would have, and it's probably just my kid:), is the image they use for the people is a little unusual. I think in an effort to be gender neutral, the character is a little alien-like:). Again, most kids would probably not even notice. Noah just thought it was a strange looking person:).
Though the packaging is bilingual – the calendar I have received and the magnets inside are only in English. I am unaware if the product is also available in French. Another idea for the creators of this calendar would be to do a chores charts with different chores for each kids in the house. That would be fabulous to have. Each package contains a magnetic calendar (size 13 1/8” x 8 1/8”), 58 activity magnets, dry erase marker, and a reusable storage bag.
The people at 2FishKids is offering one calendar to win. Be sure to follow the instructions in order to have your chance to win. Click on the icon below to access the giveaway page.
Disclaimer: Thanks to 2FishKids for sending me the above mentioned title for review purposes. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.