Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wits & Wagers Family

By North Star Games

image

As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew I never know which product I will receive.   Being in Canada is tricky sometimes.  But I was surprised and trilled to learn that I would receive the Wits & Wagers Family game from North Star Games!

At first I didn’t know how to play it.   It was our first experience for a game like that.   I first thought it would be complicated but BOY was I wrong…   It is so easy that even little one can play with mom, dad, or an older sibling.   And it is fun too!  

The game is quite easy.   You read the question and everyone has to make a guess on their own little writing board.   Then you place all the guesses in numerical order and you have to guess which one is the closest to the REAL answer.    To do so you have two Meeples (one big and one small).   Meeples have been a hallmark in European style strategy games for years but it is the first time they make their appearance in a party game!  

Once your Meeples are place, you can reveal the answer…  and discover who won this question. It is then that you can marked the points (with the erasable marker) on the board.    What is great is that even the little ones can advance so fast on the board that they can even win!   

The game is quite fast and you can play often if you like.    There are 300 family-friendly questions included in this game.    I also find that this game is easy to carry around and bring on trips.

2010_12_13_16_05_01_0005We played a few times so far and I discovered that I am not so good at guessing.   Always been a difficult thing for me.  But I persevere and I want to get better.    The kids introduced my mother-in-law last Sunday to the game and she thought it was a fun game to play.

The only thing that disappoints me is that all the questions that are about measures would be in miles/inches/feet.    Most countries around the world (even Canada) are using the metric system like kilometers/meters/centimeters.   If the creators of the game would like to take some ideas for the game I would like to suggest to create a Canadian edition as well as having expansion packs for the Wits & Wagers Family game.

Last week, I also discovered that it recently received the seal of approval from PTPA Media.  

If you are looking for a fun game this Christmas to play with family and friends, I would like to suggest Wits & Wagers Family.    I think you will have lots of fun and laugh quite a bit.   Besides, you will learn some interesting facts as well.

The game can be found at Target for the price of 19.99$.

Disclaimer: Thanks to North Star Games for sending me the featured product for review purpose through the TOS Homeschool Crew. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way.  All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment