Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wise Alec Civilize This! Travel Game and Expansion Set

civilizethissmallWise Alec – Civilize This!
From Griddly Games

About the Game

Cultural trivia with a adventurous twist!

Hello Time Travelers! Explore the world’s cultures across time with the trivia game based on the award-winning Wise Alec™ Family Trivia Game. There are 300 questions to test your knowledge of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern cultures. Two levels of questions on each card let everyone from young scholars to history buffs play together. Plus, Wise Alec™ cards will have you doing tongue twisters, brain teasers, and fun exercises!

The cards from this game can also be used to expand your own set of Wise Alec™ Family Trivia Game.

My Thoughts

As an homeschooler, I am always looking for extra-curriculum products that will strengthen the learning during our lessons.    Well the Wise Alec Civilize This! is the perfect game for history lessons!    The box is easy to carry around if you want to bring it on travel or just to kill some time while waiting at the doctor/dentist.    And this game can easily by included with the original Wise Alec game since not only the Civilize This! is a travel game but and expansion set as well.

I always loved history when I was younger.  I find you can learn so much about the past.   This specific game contains over 300 questions about Ancient, Medieval as well as Modern cultures.    Each card have two levels of question so that younger kids can play as well.   A dice is included in the box.  Depending of the color you roll you will have different cards to pick.   The easy question will give you 3 points while the harder one will give your 7 points.  The Wise Alec cards can add or subtract points from your total.   

Let me give you an example:

From an Ancient card you can read the following question for 3 points: “Ancient Egyptian clothing was mainly made out of what material?”  And the 7 points question is “What was the dark make-up Ancient Egyptians used to line their eyes?”.

A Wise Alec card example would be - TONGUE TWISTER “How many boards could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hoards got bored?” Repeat 5 times.    This card would give you 5 points if you complete the challenge.

As I checked out the questions asked on the cards, I quickly realized that my history lessons from the past are far away…  Sad smile   But since I am homeschooling my kids I can re-visited Ancient Civilizations with them and learn as well as remember what I had learned.    These days, we are exploring history a little bit more with our homeschooling and I enjoy learning at the same time as them.    The Wise Alex Civilize This! are a great addition fro our homeschool.    They will help to revise what we learned and help us to discover new facts about history.

The Wise Alec Civilize This! Travel Game and Expansion Set is available for purchase at various stores in the US and Canada.  Check their retailers page for more details.  However for Ottawa you can purchase them at G Whillikers located at 3A-1910 St-Laurent Blvd.

Oh and if you are wondering what are the answers of the two sample questions I posted above…  Here’s they are 3 points: linen   7 points: kohl .

Disclaimer: Thanks to Griddly Games for sending me the product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment