Thursday, May 13, 2010

Travel Kits: A Simple Way to Bless Others

travelkits_cover_sm Travel Kits: A Simple Way to Bless Others
Published at The Old Schoolhouse

When I was younger, my parents took me to Florida. I was probably 7 or 8 years old. And my mom had the wonderful idea of putting a basket together with little things to keep me occupied on the trip there. And she even changed it for the trip back home. I still have wonderful memories about this special basket of mine and I remember clearly how it looked like. So imagine my surprised when I had the opportunity to review a new e-book called Travel Kits. I didn’t know there was a name to this kind of idea…

This wonderful e-book will give your tons of ideas on what to pack for who and how to present the package. There are ideas for boys, girls, and moms and dads. The ideas even go to wrap the individual gifts which I like so it will keep the suspense for a longer period. I think I would allow my kids to open one gift once in a while over a period of time depending on how long the trip is.

In the 21st century, I find it is easier to pack fun things for kids. There are more games available that they could play in the car. And don’t forget the Nintendo DS and the iTouch/iPad! But as any kind of video games, time restriction should be set up.

Consequently, this ebook also offers some ideas of games to play the whole family together. And it contains a list of helpful websites for traveling families, recipes, a list of books to read, and much more. For us this e-book will come in handy as we travel a lot over the summer with our RV.

2008_06_08_16_42_30  2008_06_08_18_19_40

2008_06_08_18_20_162008_06_08_18_20_26

Just to give you an example, we travelled to PA, MA, ME, NB and PE two years ago and we had to be creative to keep our kids patient during the long drives. I had packed books and crayons as well as Adventures in Odyssey. We had music for kids as well as the Narnia series on CD. We had a great time even though some days were long in the RV.  And since we are looking into traveling in Vermont in May, I am planning to put in practice some ideas I have found in this e-book titled Travel Kits: A Simple Way to Bless Others. The ideas in this book can be adapted to any age groups in your family.

2008_06_24_12_40_02

Have fun while traveling – leave the stress at home. Plan in advance and your kids  will have a blast!

You can purchase Travel Kits: A Simple Way to Bless Others at http://www.theoldschoolhousestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=191_201&products_id=15670.

No comments:

Post a Comment