Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lesson Pathways

LessonPathways


Lesson Pathways

http://www.lessonpathways.com

Recently, I stumble on a request to review a website called Lesson Pathways. I decided to check it out and see if it was worth the trouble writing about it. Well, let me tell you that I am quite pleased with what I have seen. Consequently, I am writing about it.

As a homeschooler you sometimes would like to have access to online lessons, projects, games and activities that are related to your school. But unfortunately, sometimes such websites are asking for money before you can access the ideas.

Come in Lesson Pathways which is now FREE! Yes you are read it right. This website is absolutely free. You only have to sign on to become a member – no string attached. You will have access to 900 free weekly topics units that has been pre-screened. You can then customize it for your homeschool or supplement your current lessons with some of the activities.

See for yourself. Each year from grade K to 5 has many activities you can use during your homeschool.

Current Pathway Totals:  (each Pathway = one full week of instructional content)

Year

Science

Hist.

Math

Lang. Arts

Reading & Phonics

Pathways per Year

Year PreK

0

0

0

36

**

36

Year K

36

36

36

36

20

164

Year 1

36

36

36

36

20

164

Year 2

36

36

36

36

20

164

Year 3

36

36

36

36

**

144

Year 4

36

36

36

36

**

144

Year 5

36

36

36

36

**

144

         

TOTAL:

960

I find this site quite interesting and I intend to use it a lot next year to supplement lessons. There is a wealth of fun activities to do under this website and I hope that it will continue to be free in the future. I have created various pathways for my kids according to their age and grade. I was able to enter all my kids in the website and can visualize my planner at any time. Each child will have his/her own pathway and I will know exactly what I can do to supplement some of our homeschool lessons. The Pathways are divided in Science, history, math, language arts, and reading & phonics.

Part of me wished that they had more activities for preK kids and that someday they will expand their program to include grade 6 and up students. But in the meantime, I am very happy to have discovered this site and intend to use it as much as I can in the future.

Thank you Lesson Pathways for making my homeschool a little bit easier!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the great review. We're happy you like Lesson Pathways!
    Jennifer K Gray - Lesson Pathways Team Member

    ReplyDelete