Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's sing about the book we love! Let's discover Bible Story Songs...

When I first heard from Bible Story Songs I was wondering what it would bring to my home school. Being part of the crew helped me to discover new vendors that otherwise I wouldn’t have been exposed too. This vendor gives the opportunities for kids and families to learn about the bible through songs about it. What a neat idea! Bible Story Songs initially started when two moms wrote songs to match some lessons from a summer Bible camp. The kids would pick up the songs easily and remember them for a long period of time. I know that singing is a good way to learn because I personally remember some songs that I used to sing in the girl guides and believe me when I say it has been ages since I sang them….

So I was more than curious to hear what was on my The Bible CD which covers stories from the Old and New Testaments. Honestly I have mixed feelings about the CD after we listened to it. Don’t get me wrong, the songs are pretty peppy and teach about the bible but I feel that they are a bit too much on the choir side for my taste. However, my oldest son loves it end enjoys listening to it which means a lot to me. After the CD is for educational purposes and while hearing the songs my kids will learn more about the bible.




What I particularly like about this CD is that before each song, they give a scripture or a little explanation about it. It also presents various books of the Bible in a creative way. The CD I received contains 32 songs about the Old Testament and the New Testament. You can also get sheet music and song books from their website. Other CDs available are Matthew 1, Matthew 2, Matthew for young singers, Moses 1, Moses 2, Moses for your singers and David. To hear some samples of the CD, simply go to http://www.biblestorysongs.com/songs.htm and look for The Bible CD songs sampler in the middle of the page. The CDs are available for 9.99$US directly from the vendor site.

No comments:

Post a Comment