Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Experiencing the journey of Paul


In the Footsteps of PaulExperience The Journey That Changed The WorldBy Ken Duncan

Book Description
Follow a trailblazer’s path and see for yourself all the places that Paul visited . . .
Paul’s missionary journeys are much more than mere dotted lines on rough maps at the back of your Bible. His travels changed the world, and when you, too, follow In the Footsteps of Paul, you’ll experience those amazing journeys more powerfully than ever. The lens of renowned photographer Ken Duncan traces everywhere Paul is known to have traveled. Ken’s stunning photos, combined with Scripture and writings from noted authors, creates an exciting platform for experiencing the life and times of one of the apostles who introduced Jesus to the Roman world and beyond.

Who is Ken Duncan?
Ken is a recognized photographer around the world. He travels to search the stunning panoramic pictures that he is best known for and works on book projects in various locations like Africa, Malaysia, China, Hollywood, and the Middle East. He is well known for his books Where Jesus Walked, Walking with God in America and The Passion: Lessons from the Life of Christ.

My thoughts on the book
As soon as I received this book, I devoured it. Literally! I was impressed by the colors of the pictures and while I read I walked with Paul discovering the roads he travelled throughout his ministry. The pictures in this book are stunning. It made me want for more every time I was turning the pages of this book. I learned about the man, his mission and his destiny while seeing where he would have been. We often heard an image can express a thousand words. I believe it! I had goose bumps while going through the book and immersing myself in the footsteps of Paul.
At every page, a significant scripture is written to remind us the story of Paul. Also, you will find insights from various well know Christian leaders. Reading this book was a breath of fresh air for me. I experience Paul’s travels in a special way thanks to Ken and his talent in photography. I love photography myself and I hope that one day I can truly experience Paul’s journey by travelling where he went and bring back my own memories of it.
Thank you Ken for this marvelous book! Continue to bring other ones like this. In the meantime, I am looking forward to get your other ones to complete my collection of your works.
I plan to use this book to teach my children about Paul’s travels as well as showing to friends visiting my house. This book is a must in every Christian home as it depicts the journey of the apostle to the Gentiles.
You can get In The Footsteps of Paul at amazon.ca for 19.39$ Cdn or indigo.ca for 19.75$ Cdn if you have the ireward card.

1 comment: