Friday, November 19, 2010

KBTEACHERS.COM

teacher-logo_thumbAs a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was given access to a website called KB Teachers

KBTeachers is a site that tries to bring the best the web can deliver for you and your students/children.   Whether you are a teacher or a parent (or both in the case of homeschoolers), you can have access to numerous activities. 

You can find exercises for English writing and grammar, Math activities (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, telling time, counting and much more), Science workbooks for astronomy, geology and weather & climate, Biology worksheets for human anatomy, nutrition, marine biology, as well as plants & microbiology, Social Studies and much more.  Below are some examples of exercises that they have.   (please note that I took only a part of it as I didn’t want to display the whole exercise).

Homonyms pairing practice

image_thumb[1]

Body Part Identification

image_thumb[2]

My eldest son is interested in the human body and having a section specially on that subject was a great joy.    Also, having access of additional worksheets on various subject is always a good thing when you are homeschooling.   This helps a mom to get more exercises when her child is flying through his/hers lessons.

I am impressed with the quality of the worksheets offered at KBTeachers.   If for whatever reasons, you do not find what you are looking for, they are also interested in knowing about it.   They are even willing to built it if they don’t have it.    Talk about flexibility!

My disappointments are the following.   First in the Math activities, you can access a section about counting money.   When I went there I quickly imagerealized that it would not be useful for us Canadians as the money counted was strictly Americans.    Mind you, I find it good that my kids get exposed to the US money since we travel there often but I would appreciate to have the ability to choose which money I want to use for the exercises.  

My second disappointment came when I wanted to print customized writing pages for my third son, Jérémy.   Unfortunately, I can not include accents like é, è, ê, à, â, î, ï, ë, ç because the system is not handling it.   So I wasn't able to print proper pages for him to practice him name.    This would be a good feature to add in the future if you ask me.  

This site can be accessed for the price of 29$ per year or 49$ for two years.   Once you pay, you have access to the premium section of the website and have the ability of printing what you need.

Disclaimer: I was given a two years premium membership from KBTeachers for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the sponsor in any way.  All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment