Monday, November 15, 2010

Star Wars Millennium Falcon Remote Control

Star Wars SPEED STARS Millennium Falcon Remote ControlStar Wars Speed Stars Millennium Falcon Remote Control
By Hasbro

The most famous ship in the galaxy flies into action! The Millennium Falcon soars through space, taking the fight against the Empire everywhere it goes. This powerful starship may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts!

Get ready for a battle of epic proportions! Featuring enclosed rotor technology, this detailed vehicle comes with three different channel selections so you can race or fight against other ships (sold separately). The future of the galaxy is in your hands - are you ready?

Vehicle comes with charging controller - no wall socket needed! Vehicle comes with one non-replaceable rechargeable LiPo battery. Controller requires 4 "AA" batteries which are not included.   This toy is geared for children ages 8 and up.

My Thoughts 

My kids love Star Wars.  In fact a tradition in our family is that 5 years old a child can watch the three original movies (which are Star Wars IV, V and VI).   So far two of my kids have watched them.   This year, my son Jérémy is turning 5 so he is looking forward to watch these movies with dad on his one-on-one time at the trailer.  When they are 7 years old, the tradition is the watch Star Wars I, II, and III.   And Dominic will experience this tradition next year with his dad.

Star Wars SPEED STARS Millennium Falcon Remote Control

In the meantime, we are currently watching the first season of Star Wars The Clones Wars.   The kids (and adults) are enjoying it.  

Don’t you think it is pretty amazing when a second generation is embracing the Star Wars movies and enjoy them as much as we did when it first came out?   It amazes me that my kids (yes all of them) are totally enjoying these.  Even my daughter who will turn three is into it.  She calls herself Ashoka during the day!  *grin*

Well imagine my surprise when I saw that Hasbro has a new toy representing the Millennium Falcon.   My husband had the original Millennium Falcon when he was younger.   In fact, we still have some of the figurines from the 70s – R2D2, C3-P0, Chewbacca and one or two others are played with by our kids.   Me?  I had the “Barbie” version of Princess Leia with her hair twisted on the side.    She was larger than regular Barbies though.   

Hasbro has sent me a Millennium Falcon Remote Control toy to test it.   When my husband saw this particular toy, he claimed it for himself.   Who says that men are not little kids at heart?   LOL

The Millennium Falcon itself is a bit fragile I find.   I think I would have put the ages of 10 and up for this particular toy.    First, let me warn you that you need to charge the Millennium Falcon before you can use it.   This can be done only through the remote control which in turns need batteries.   So beware Star Wars fans…. plan in advance if you want to have fun during the Christmas holidays.

We tried the Millennium Falcon once ours was fully charged.  And even though it is fun it is a bit difficult to control.   For example, the product need to be on a flat surface to start.  Well we tried that and we found that the connection wasn’t great.   Result?   I held the Millennium Falcon with my hands and my husband was able to get it take off.   If you go too fast on the controls, the Millennium Falcon will crash.  Yep!   It took us a few times before we were able to safely fly around our bedroom… LOL

Nevertheless, I can see my kids will be excited about it.   It recommends to play with this toy inside the house only but I don’t see why we couldn’t use it in our backyard on a calm day (no winds thanks!).   

The Star Wars Millennium Falcon Remote Control is available at a toy store near you.

Disclaimer: Thanks to Hasbro Canada for sending me the featured product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment