Thursday, November 25, 2010

TV Teacher–Uppercase Letters

image

About the product

Alphabet Beats are fun, educational videos that teach children (recommended ages: 2 1/2 - 8) how to write the alphabet quickly and easily! In each 5 minute letter chapter, we demonstrate the writing motions while saying the chant first in a frame. Next, the letter is written on a chalkboaimagerd, and finally on lined paper.

Children enjoy watching Miss Marnie because she is very engaging and fun, while at the same time she is teaching valuable skills and concepts. The vocabulary words being demonstrated are both educational and therapeutically based: body parts, spatial concepts, opposites, shapes, colors, animals, musical instruments, sensory items, community helpers, cutting, painting, behavior modeling, gross and fine motor activities, daily living skills, and so much more - all in our writing DVD's!  

Learn writing PLUS over 8 vocabulary words per letter! Alphabet Beats program features an UPPERCASE and a lowercase DVD. Each DVD has different vocabulary words and concepts - designed to further enhance your child's learning experience.

My Thoughts

I had the privilege to review the lowercase letters DVD in the past and we enjoyed it so much.   This year, I found that my kids (well the younger ones) needed to be introduced to Uppercase letters DVD.   So when I saw the DVDs of the TV Teacher at Scholar’s Choice earlier in the Fall, I thought that maybe if I ask nicely, I would have the opportunity to review it. They answered positively to my request and also told me that they remembered my review for the lowercase letters DVD.   Apparently, they loved a section so much that I am now quoted in the back of the new edition of the DVD.   LOL.

What I am doing now when we go through the Alphabet Beats, I am showing both the lowercase and the uppercase to my two younger sons.   Dominic, age 6, is able to write but I find that his writing needed improvements so I decided to get him go through the videos as well.

My almost three years old daughter runs to the sofa to sit with her brothers while they watch and practice their writing.   I sense she is eager to start as well but she doesn’t have the attention span that the boys have.   So for now, she repeats the letters with Miss Marnie and learn her alphabet at the same time.   

I am currently witnessing improvements in the letters of my 2nd son.   I am very glad that this is the case.   I am planning to go through all the letters with him to make sure that he knows how to write them correctly.   As for my 3rd son he is going through the uppercase letters as well and is still enjoying Miss Marnie.   

I must say that I am impressed with her creativity and her willingness to do silly things in front of the camera.   My favourite so far is definitively the lizard face she does.   Hilarious!    Miss Marnie has a way to keep the kids listening and learning at the same time.   She intertwines learning how to write with vocabulary lessons.   I find this kind of learning is also wonderful as they can see it, write it, say it and have fun at the same time.   

On their website, it is also possible to download activity sheets as well as writing practice sheets for your kids.   I personally store these sheets on my hard drive as I will have to use them often.   I appreciate that these sheets are available for free on the website - http://www.tvteachervideos.com.   

The Alphabet Beats DVDs are available directly from the TV Teacher website for the price of $35 each or $64.99 for both lowercase and uppercase letters.

Disclaimer: Thanks to The TVTeacher for sending me the featured product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment