Friday, November 12, 2010

C.S. Lewis Bible

9780061982088The C.S. Lewis Bible For Reading, Reflection, and Inspiration
New Revised Standard Version
Published at HarperOne

About the book

Beloved author C. S. Lewis is one of the world's most influential Christian thinkers and a trusted companion for millions of readers. The C. S. Lewis Bible draws upon the distinctive wisdom of Lewis's celebrated spiritual classics—Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, and A Grief Observed—as well as his other distinguished works, and pairs them alongside the life-giving words of Scripture.

As you engage in devotional Bible reading with the full text of the trusted NRSV Bible, you will also gain insight from Lewis's writings and spiritual journey while exploring key issues in the life of faith. Each reading will draw you deeper into Scripture as you wrestle with and meditate on spiritual truths woven throughout the text. The C. S. Lewis Bible is an indispensable companion for everyone who cherishes Lewis's timeless words and seeks to meditate on the truths of Scripture.

My Thoughts

As the current year is in its final stretches, I am particularly happy to have stuck with my reading schedule in my current Bible.   I am in my final miles of reading through it and I was wondering what should I do next year.

Well, the opportunity came to review the new C.S. Lewis Bible which is using the NRSV.   So when I received this Bible I was intrigue by what I could find in it.

I find the pages of this Bible more fragile than the one I am currently reading.   For fun, I decided to touch a page from both Bibles and the C.S. Lewis Bible has pages that are definitively thinner than the other one.    You will have to be more careful if you decide to underline in this Bible.   

However, this Bible is different because it contains reflections and reading from C.S. Lewis that were taken from some of his most popular works.  Not only you will read the Word of God while using this Bible, but you will also be inspired by one of the great writers on the 20th century.   You will read tidbits from letters, books and reflections he wrote during his lifetime. 

I am pleased to have this Bible in my hands.   I have been introduced to the famous Chronicles of Narnia but never had the time to sit down and read other books written by C.S. Lewis’ hands.    So I look forward to discover more from this man of faith throughout this Bible.   Here and there there are devotional readings and reflections based on specific scriptures.  

At the end of this Bible, you will also find an index by source which list all the sources of C.S. Lewis works that were used for the publication as well as an index by scripture reference.   A small concordance also complete this Bible. 

If you are looking for a different kind of Bible for 2011, I would suggest that you take the time to consider the C.S. Lewis Bible.    This Bible can also make a wonderful gift during the Christmas season.

This review was possible because I received a copy of The C.S. Lewis Bible from HarperCollins.

The C.S. Lewis Bible is available everywhere even at amazon.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment