Monday, November 15, 2010

Pictureka! Disney Edition

PICTUREKA! Disney Edition

Pictureka! Disney Edition
By Hasbro

About the product

It’s an outrageous Disney hunt!

Now you can play PICTUREKA! with all your favorite Disney characters! Find the pictures to win the cards. Collect enough cards to win and your the PICTUREKA! champ!

Play PICTUREKA! Disney Edition on it's own, or combine with standard PICTUREKA! for double the fun!

Includes 12 Disney game titles, 1 die, 55 mission cards, a sand timer and instructions.  For 2 or more players.  Ages 6 and up.

My Thoughts

I am totally in love with this game!   It is perfect to bring on vacation whether your are rving, travelling by car or by plane.   I am so looking forward to rv with my family next year and bring this fun game with us.

We are Disney fans.   I admit it.   All the cartoons movies that they come out with, we probably own.   That’s how bad we are.  So when I saw this game, I had to review it (and yes in case you are wondering we do have other Disney games at home… but this one is different.).  It was my first introduction to Pictureka!.   Never played the game before but I understand the idea behind it.

I find this game is wonderful in an homeschool environment.   I find it important to teach our kids to be observant and see things rapidly.    This game will help them develop their ability of observation and quick identification of something that need to be found.    It reminds me a bit of the game I used to play in Girl Guides where you had a bunch of things on a table that you observe for two minutes and then after hiding the table we had to list as many as we could remember.  

The idea behind this game is similar.   You get a card and you have to be the first one to find it on the board.  But there is a twist.   Sometimes, you will have to switch the boards place or turn them upside-down (there’s images on both side).   So expect the unexpected when playing this game…

What I also like for this game is that you can play an easier version with younger kids.   Each kids can have their own section and find something while using a different set of card.   Perfect!

And to add more fun to the game, you can mix these with the regular Pictureka! and have more fun as a family.    I really can’t believe that I never discovered the Pictureka! games before.   This is so different than regular games to play as a family and it brings back some fun memories to me.

If you want to have a bit of competition within your family or with friends this Christmas Holidays, I suggest that you discover Pictureka! Disney Edition.   Prepare yourself for fun time.  Guarantee!

Pictureka! Disney Edition is available to a toy store near you.

Disclaimer: Thanks to Hasbro Canada for sending me the featured product for review purpose. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. Please note that the review was not influenced by the Sponsor in any way. All opinions expressed here are only my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment